Join our team!
Raven Recycling Society is a non-government organization and a social enterprise operating within the Traditional Territories of the Kwanlin Dun First Nation and the Ta’an Kwach’an Council. The Society’s purpose is to promote sustainable Yukon communities and healthy ecosystems through responsible consumption and waste management by citizens, the public sector and the private sector.
Interested in becoming part of Raven’s workforce? Check out the job openings below and send in your resume!
Raven is currently looking for …
• Metals Purchaser
Compensation: $20 to $27 per hour
Raven Recycling is looking for a full time metals purchaser. The position involves sorting and weighing metals, assisting customers and handling cash and card payments. Work is performed outdoors year round. Must be able to lift at least 50lbs.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Keeping the metals area organized and clean and free of snow
• Grading and sorting metals and to maximize their value
• Stripping wire
• Managing Raven’s battery collection and storage
• Managing and maintaining records of purchases
• Assisting the Yard Manager with loading trailers
• Working with the Yard Manager to increase public participation in Raven’s metals program
• Assisting with work in Raven’s warehouse as required
Required Skills & Experience:
• Experience with and enjoyment of customer service
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work as part of a team
• Interest in learning and expanding skill set
• Understanding of workplace safety practices
• Experience driving machinery
• Demonstrated environmental commitment
• Knowledge of non-ferrous metals, including lead-acid batteries
The incumbent must be a flexible, self motivated team player able to work independently and must be able to assess needs and prioritize tasks.
Training will be provided if necessary.